PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Data Collected to Manage Your Membership
At checkout, we will collect your name, email address, username, and password. This information is used to setup your account for our site. If you are redirected to an offsite payment gateway to complete your payment, we may store this information in a temporary session variable to setup your account when you return to our site.
At checkout, we may also collect your billing address and phone number. This information is used to confirm your credit card. The billing address and phone number are saved by our site to prepopulate the checkout form for future purchases and so we can get in touch with you if needed to discuss your order.
At checkout, we may also collect your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. This information is passed to our payment gateway to process your purchase. The last 4 digits of your credit card number and the expiration date are saved by our site to use for reference and to send you an email if your credit card will expire before the next recurring payment.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Process your financial transactions.
- Send you order / renewal confirmations.
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns.
- Administer your account.
- Send you requested product or service information.
- Keep you informed about special offers and services of the Site and selected third parties.
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms of Service.
- Meet our research and product/service development needs and to improve our Site, services and offerings; and
- Customize your experience, including targeting our services and offerings to you.
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We use…
- Paypal to power our online store–you can read more about how Paypal uses your Personal Information here https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
- FedEx as a shipping partner to provide rates and other logistic information. Here is the FedEx security and privacy information visit http://www.fedex.com/us/security/index.html
- United States Postal Service as a shipping partner to provide rates and other logistic information.
- Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DOUBLECLICK DART COOKIE
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site’s visitors based upon their visit to this SITE and other sites on the Internet.
OUR ADVERTISING PARTNERS
- Google http://www.google.com/privacy/
- Amazon http://www.amazon.com/privacy/
- Clickbank http://www.clickbank.com/privacy.html
Mediatunes Inc. has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
MINORS – CHILDREN
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. Site does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that the Site has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
This site may contain hypertext links to other web sites. Mediatunes Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of any information contained in any such hypertext link. Any hypertext link to any other person or entity should not be construed as endorsement by Mediatunes Inc. of such person’s or entity’s web site, products or services. Your linking to other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
The information in this site is protected by copyright. You may only use the information, text or graphics contained in this site for your personal use and may not reproduce, adapt, or publish it, in whole or in part, for any purpose without the consent of Mediatunes Inc.
Customer Relationship as a Legal Ground for Email Correspondence
It should be noted that informational or marketing emails sent by accordionboot.com, such as order confirmation, shipping information, product promotional informatation and other correspondance are sent on the basis of a customer relationship, which is the legal ground for processing any personal data. As such, these emails do not require a consent. Such data will be processed and used in compliance with relevant personal data regulation. You can always choose to opt out of receiving such emails by either clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the email or by contacting us through the support area of our website or by emailing us at email@example.com and requesting removal from our mailing list.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us using the details provided below:
Personal Data Controller
Mediatunes, Inc. dba learnhowtowritesongs.com is the personal data controller responsible for information collected on this web site.
COMPANY NAME AND ADDRESS
c/o Learn How to Write Songs
ATTN: Personal Data Controller
445 N Cuyamaca St
El Cajon, CA, 92020
Revised August 8th 2018