The essential guide for success in songwriting
In this comprehensively up to date 3rd Edition, John Braheny teaches you the craft of songwriting and then goes in the back of the scenes of the music business to unearth insider secrets so that they can make your songs stand out. You’ll be able to find exercises and anecdotes that will help you:
- Develop a “songwriter’s consciousness” for picking out original ideas
- Collaborate effectively with co-writers
- Break into songwriting for film & TV, children’s music, and commercials
- Use the internet to best advantage for pitching songs, networking, and publicity
- Understand the business of demos and song contracts
Braheny also brings you up to the moment with ongoing changes in online digital song distribution, podcasting, song-pitching products and services, home recording technology, production music libraries, and internet hosting products and services. It’s the whole lot you want to know to make your mark on the world of music!