Focusrite’s Scarlett 2i2 is a 2 in/2 out USB recording interface featuring two award-winning Focusrite preamps. Housed in an attractive anodized aluminum unibody chassis, the interface not only sounds fantastic but looks great too. What’s more, it’s solid enough to take on the road when you travel.
Connect and Monitor Instrument Inputs for Recording
The front panel Neutrik combination input can be used to connect line and instrument level signals as well as microphones. This makes it perfect for recording the output of a synthesizer or stage piano, while at the flick of a switch, you can cater to the output of an electric or acoustic guitar. Unique halo indicators let you know that you’ve got a good signal level for recording. Red means that your signal is clipping, and that you should reduce the gain. The halo will momentarily turn amber as the level returns to a healthy level, at which point it will turn green. A large monitor dial provides a tactile control for the volume of your speakers, while a high quality headphone amp provides a clean yet loud signal to headphones connected to the front panel socket. The direct monitor switch routes audio directly from the inputs to both the headphone and speaker outputs. This allows you to monitor the incoming signal with zero-latency.
High Quality Mic Preamps
Scarlett 2i2 features two high quality award-winning Focusrite mic pres. With more than 25 years of experience in designing analog equipment, Focusrite produces the best mic preamps in the industry. The preamps found in the Scarlett 2i2 are no exception to this, and share the same design as those found in our flagship interfaces: Saffire PRO 40 and Liquid Saffire 56.
Direct Monitor Function
Flick the direct monitor switch on the front panel of your 2i2 and you will hear what you’re recording through your speakers or headphones, without the signal having to go through your computer. This avoids the possibility of latency, which can be distracting when recording. With 24-bit resolution at sample rates of up to 96 KHz, the digital conversion in the Scarlett 2i2 is of very high quality, meaning that every note and every subtle detail is captured with great clarity.
Rugged Metal Unibody Case with Truly Portable Interface
The anodized aluminum unibody chassis ensures that your Scarlett 2i2 can withstand the harsh environment of the road. It also makes Scarlett 2i2 the most beautiful interface around. Scarlett 2i2 is very light and compact making it easy to fit in a laptop bag. It’s also bus powered, meaning that you don’t need an additional power supply. Simply plug in to your computer and hit record.
Included DAW and Effects Software
Inside the box you’ll find
- an authorization code for Ableton Live Lite (available via online download), as well as
- Focusrite’s Scarlett Plug-in Suite
- the Red 2 & Red 3 PlugIn Suite (AAX/AU/VST) upon registration of interface.
- Compatible with all major DAWs, Scarlett plug-in suite provides EQ, Compression, Gate and Reverb-essential tools for polishing your mix.
- Excellent digital performance
- Rugged metal unibody case
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface, truly portable interface
- Includes an authorization code for Ableton Live Lite,
- Scarlett Plug-in Suite(RTAS/AU/VST), Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite (AAX/AU/VST), the Softube Time and Tone
- Bundle, Novation Bass Station, and 1GB of Loopmasters samples